You see people connected with others and wonder how they did that. They don’t seem as if they would be travelling in the same circles or sharing any common interests. How did they get there? According to University of Minnesota psychologist Mark Snyder, these people are considered “high self-monitoring.” These people are quick to pick [...]
No man is an island…Well, maybe Roy Bragg. Other than Roy, the rest of us depend on others. Sometimes with large needs and sometimes with the trivial. Wrapped with our needs is busyness. We have our friends and family with us, the phone ringing, the email inbox filling up and the social network messages piling [...]
We live our lives based on social conventions where we want some sort of relationship, no matter how fleeting it is, before we want to help someone. I know that I’m guilty of this mentality. Do you have an internal monologue that goes something like this: “What? You want my help? You want to inconvenience [...]
On July 2nd, 2009, I was interviewed by Luis Sandoval aka @pandaran and Jennifer Navarette aka @epodcaster for Tech In Twenty. We discussed two of my favorite topics, business and technology. Have a listen! Tech In Twenty with Nan Palmero
Considering the economy and the difficult job market, it’s an especially important time for new graduates to be well prepared for success, especially online. The wonderful part about this time in history is how connected and accessible recruiters, executives and decision makers are online. This means easier access for the folks that are leveraging the [...]
Every day, we are bombarded with over 3,000 messages in our brain including “I have to go to the bathroom,” “my wife is mad at me,” “buy x-brand water.” What are we supposed to do to compete with these messages? How do we really super glue our ideas to people’s minds? If you think back [...]
Photos on flickr
- Follow Friday on Twitter 9:53 pm
- How to Renew a Blogspot Custom Domain 3:13 pm
- The Truthiness About Canada 9:02 pm
- Wild at Heart Boot Camp – Hawaii 11:07 am
- How to Unlock a Sprint BlackBerry 12:16 am
- Thirteen Photos from San Francisco 3:28 pm
- Ford Atlas Chief Designer Interview: Gordon Platto 2:37 pm
- How to Unfollow Post on Facebook Mobile 12:02 pm
- The Science of Happiness 8:26 pm
- Austin City Limits – 2012 via Logitech UE 10:24 am
- Melissa: I wish I had seen this before! Such a great inform...
- Kateryna: It was a very good advise. The link worked at the ...
- sale a dos christian louboutin: I am curious to find out what blog system you are ...
- longchamp for sale: Howdy fantastic website! Does running a blog like ...
- Frederic: And as it is not a disease of itself it does not n...