Today I received my Sprint BlackBerry Tour and it’s amazing. But, you’re not here for a review, you’re here because you want to unlock your Sprint BlackBerry Tour. Here’s what you do. Thanks to my friend at CIO.com, Al Sacco, I knew the steps to unlocking it. Fortunately, the good folks at Sprint will walk you through the process as well. Here’s what I did to unlock the SIM slot on the Sprint BlackBerry Tour.
- Call Sprint International Support – (817) 698-4199, prompt #2
- Ask them if they’d kindly unlock your SIM slot on your BlackBerry Tour
- Turn off your wireless network connection on the Tour (yes, you’ll have to call from another phone)
- Click on Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
- Type MEPD
- Type MEP2
- The representative should give you a 16-digit code
- Thank the representative for their help
- Reboot your phone and you’re ready to go
There you have it! It took me about 5 minutes to get my phone unlocked. I tested my Sprint BlackBerry Tour with a T-Mobile SIM card and was able to access the web, use BlackBerry Messenger and send and receive messages.